ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL
Park Campus school hours are from 8:45 am – 3:10 pm. Doors will be open at 8:30 am and students should not arrive on campus before 8:30 am. As you read the instructions below, please refer to the maps below for further details. To avoid confusion, We ask parents to keep their pick-up routine at dismissal as consistent as possible throughout the school year.
Walkers (Arrival & Dismissal)
- K-1 students will not be dismissed unless accompanied by an adult or older sibling/neighbor. If picking up a student on foot, please be sure to use the East (Door #14) entrance.
- Student walkers may enter and leave through the West (Door #1) or East (Door #14) entrances.
- Siblings/neighbor meeting area is located in the Multi-Purpose Room. Siblings/neighbors traveling home together must meet in the MPR before walking or riding home.
- Crossing assistance will be available in front of the school at the corners of Townline/Amarias/Wildspring & Townline/Greywall. Students may only cross at the intersections and must walk along the sidewalks.
Bike Riders (Arrival & Dismissal)
- Bike racks are located on the East side of campus by the playground. Be sure to lock up your bike.
- Bike riders should enter and exit the building using the East Entrance (Door #14).
- In case of inclement weather, parents picking up bicycles are requested to do so AFTER 3:30 PM only.
Bus Riders/Daycare Vans (Arrival & Dismissal)
- All bus riders will be dropped-off and picked up on the South side of the school (closest to Townline Rd).
- Bus riders will enter and exit through the South Entrance (Door #25).
Student Arrival by Vehicle
- Students should be dropped off after 8:30 am as there is no student supervision.
- Parents may use the West lot or the South lot for arrival. Students may not exit vehicles in the East lot.
- Students may only be dropped off along the curbside/right side of the vehicle, away from moving traffic.
- In order to keep the traffic moving, parents must stay in their vehicles and pull up as far as possible prior to allowing children to exit the vehicle. Utilize the left lane to pull around stopped vehicles and exit the lot.
- For student safety, students will not be allowed to enter or exit cars in the East Lot.
- Cars will enter the East lot and wrap around the building into the South lot. Once cars are lined up around the lot to the playground, parents should form lanes perpendicular to the playground starting with the far left blue lines. Each lane will move once the lane to the left is clear. Please do not have students exit the vehicle until you are along the sidewalk on the south side of the building.
- Please see the attached map for arrival procedures when using the South lot.
- Please utilize both lanes when entering the West parking lot. Cars in the left lane should be allowed to merge into the drop-off/pick-up lane when appropriate. Cars pulling into the lot to park their vehicle should stay in the left lane.
- Please plan accordingly as the entrance to the lot fills quickly. DO NOT USE THE EXIT LANES TO ENTER THE PARKING LOT.
- Please see the attached map for arrival procedures when using the West lot.
South Parking Lot Arrival
West Parking Lot Arrival
Student Dismissal by Vehicle
- Park School will continue to utilize the Driveline Family #ID system for dismissal. Because the placards will be distributed on your child’s first day of onsite attendance, we ask that you simply write the ID # on a piece of paper for the first day of school and display it in the passenger side window of your vehicle.
- Pickup areas are differentiated by student grade level to provide a safe and efficient dismissal procedure.
- Place the provided name placard in the passenger side window of your vehicle every day to help our staff more efficiently direct students to the correct vehicles.
- Students in grades K-5 should be picked up in the South lot (closest to Townline Road).
- Parents picking up from the South lot must stay in their vehicles.
- Cars will enter in the East lot and wrap around the building into the South lot. Once cars are lined up around the lot to the playground, parents should form lanes perpendicular to the playground starting with the far left blue lines. Each lane will move once the lane to the left is clear. Students are only allowed to enter vehicles along the South lot curb. See the map for more details.
- Only students being picked up by car should meet their parents in the South lot. If you are picking your child up on foot, please utilize the Main Entrance (Door #1) or Playground Entrance (Door #14) to collect your child.
- If you are picking up students in both grade ranges K-5 and 6-8, please use the West lot. Students should meet in the MPR/sibling gathering area and be picked up through the Main Entrance (Door #1/West Lot).
- Students in grades 6-8 and younger siblings/neighbors should meet in the MPR and be picked up in the West lot, at the Main Entrance (Door #1).
- Stay in your vehicle, pull up as far as possible, display your child’s name in the passenger window, and pick up students along the curb only.
- Please stay in your vehicle at all times and follow the procedures during the school dismissal process.
- Please plan accordingly as the entrance to the lot fills quickly. DO NOT USE THE EXIT LANES TO ENTER THE PARKING LOT. Arrive early if you have an appointment and need to enter the lot.
Kindergarten through 5th Grade Students (East/South Parking Lot Dismissal)
6-8th Grade Students (West Parking Lot Dismissal)
Message from the Round Lake Police Department
Park Campus Administrators and the Round Lake Police Department will continue to work together to make dismissal from school as safe and efficient as possible. The Round Lake Police Department will station an officer at the entrance to each parking lot when possible to help facilitate this procedure. Please be patient and plan accordingly when dropping off or picking up students at Park Campus.
After-school activities will use the Activity Entrance (Door #26) on the West side of the school.
All parents visiting the school are asked to park in the West lot outside of the main office and enter through the West/Main Entrance (Door #1).
Please buzz the office to enter and sign in before going to your destination. A state-issued ID is required for entrance.
Arrival and Dismissal Maps
Drop Off Procedure
Pick Up Procedure
Please contact Durham School Services at 847-543-9244 if there will be changes to your child’s transportation.
All routes have a designated start time. Once the route begins buses do not wait at each stop. Please have your child at your designated bus stop 5 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time. Keep in mind when the weather and road conditions are bad, it will affect the bus schedule.
During the winter months when heavy snowfall can sometimes block a bus stop, the driver can drop off or pick up at the nearest cleared driveway.
The following contact at Durham is available if you have questions or concerns regarding school transportation:
Kevin Middleditch, Manager – 847-543-9244
Gina Mudd, Operation Supervisor
School Bus Rules & Safety Tips
On Bus Camera Notice
For the safety of our employees and students, Durham School Services reserves the right to monitor and document student behavior on buses utilizing recording devices. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy on-board Durham buses, and students’ actions and words may be monitored with video and/or audio as permitted by federal, state, and local regulations. Student conduct that is recorded and prohibited by regulations or school district policy will result in disciplinary action. This policy will apply to all transportation services provided by Durham School Services.